The new ministry at St. Patrick Parish aims to connect any volunteers who have skills and a desire to serve with fellow St. Patrick members who have a need.
- Welcoming Ministry: Welcoming new parishioners and helping them to feel a part of the St. Patrick family.
- Hands of Service: Providing St. Patrick family members with assistance around the house, yard, and other various projects.
- Grief Ministry: Supporting St. Patrick family members when they have experienced a loss.
The services of this ministry will be provided without charge in an atmosphere of mutual respect and blessing.
The Scriptural foundation to Helping Hearts, Helping Hands
- Genesis 1:26-31 – God created man and woman in His image
- Leviticus 19:9-10 – A portion of the harvest is set aside for the poor and the stranger
- Luke 4:16-21 – Jesus proclaims His mission: to bring good news to the poor and oppressed
- Luke 10:25-37 – The good Samaritan recognized the dignity in the other and cared for his life
- John 15:12-17 – This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you
- 1 Peter 4:8-11 – Serve one another with the gifts you have received
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 – God’s gifts are given to be shared
- 1 John 4:19-21 – Those who love God must love their brothers and sisters
To learn more please refer to the Catholic Social Teaching – Scripture Guide
“to encounter the living God it is necessary to tenderly kiss Jesus’ wounds in our hungry, poor, sick and incarcerated brothers and sisters” – Pope Francis