The Peace & Justice Committee serves as a vehicle to enhance the parish’s desire to be Christ to the world.
The committee helps the parish to:
1) develop and support leadership in social ministry
2) create partnerships with Catholic social agencies and the wider church
3) strengthen its linkages to other faith communities and the larger civic community.
Everyone is welcome to attend committee meetings held 1-2 times per year, to submit ideas for parish outreach, and to participate in any of the outreach efforts.
Some of our current ongoing projects are listed below:
- Congregational Partnership Program
- Food Collections for area food pantries
- Fair Trade Christmas Sale
- Fair Trade Coffee & Tea Sales
- Flat River Outreach Ministries Support
- Habitat for Humanity
- North Kent Service Center Support
- Parish Garden
- Migrant Assistance and Support
- Military and Armed Forces Support
- St. Mary Pregnancy Resource Center Support